With Baselworld’s doors closed for another year, it’s time to take a look at the big stories that emerged out of the annual celebration of fine Replica Glashutte watches. Here are our five biggest takeaways from Baselworld 2013:
- Over-the-top timepieces. Glashutte Swiss Replica Watches launches from Harry Winston, Hublot, HYT, and Ressence were among the most talked about introductions, largely because they are pushing form over function in technologically innovative ways.
- Navy is the new orange. It wasn’t long ago when orange was the hottest color in best fake Glashutte watch design. This year, navy seems to be staking a claim as the color du jour. Glashütte’s stunning Original Sixties Panorama Date model (pictured above) is a good example of this trend.
- Rolex underwhelms. For the second year in a row, Rolex’s introductions were met with, at best, mixed reviews. The showpiece 50th anniversary Rolex Daytona seems to offer little more than unusual dial and bezel colors.
- Omega has a hit on its hands. Omega wowed pretty much everyone with the Speedmaster Dark Side of the Moon variant. It’s likely to be a hot seller.
- Swatch stole the show. The Swatch PR machine is the best in the business but this year there was a lot of substance too, not just hype. Swatch’s 51-part Sistem51 looks like a truly revolutionary automatic movement.